Friday, November 3, 2017

Presentations by Don Hall and Bridget Moser


Art for lunch today was a talk by Don Hall about prairie photography and about his own career as a photographer.He taught me Film 205, a course that hasn't changed much since I took it, back in 1984. It was a great course, even if I did only mediocre work in it (see below). He continues to be one of my models of excellence in teaching. This evening we went to a presentation by Bridget Hall who has some performance art videos up at the Dunlop this month. This was fun. The seating is poor so it was difficult to see. The image above is taken when I stuck my arm high in the air. Most of the time we could only see the top of her head, or nothing at all. This performance was recorded and will be played in the gallery, so we'll have a chance to see it unobstructed.
 

No comments: