Thursday, June 29, 2017

Department head and honour for William and art from Ian


First thing in the morning we attended William's end of grade celebration. He was on the honour roll again. I'm so proud of him. I've never received academic honours of any sort. He dressed for the occasion and then we went for lunch at Ngoc Van.

This afternoon I sat down with Mark and talked about a details of the department head job. He handed the key to the office over to me. It was ten years ago yesterday that I last held that key, marked in one of my earliest and most melancholy blog entries. I don't really know what to do with the job now that it's handed back to me. I guess I'll start making lists every day again and checking them off.

Ian Campbell had a closing reception for his drawings up at Amber's Salt Studio Gallery. He was selling the print outs for a dollar each so we bought a bunch.

No comments: