Tuesday, September 1, 2015

William starts high school

We dropped William off for his first day of grade 9 at Sheldon-Williams today. I'm worried that he'll be too tired to make it through the day, having been unable to get to sleep last night (he stayed up until the wee hours finishing Jared Diamond's "The Third Chimpanzee", and that was after he and I had watched Derek Jarman's "Wittgenstein". School is now at 8:30 instead of last year's 8:53, so he's on less sleep than ever. Added to the problem is that our espresso machine is on the blink (need to find some de-scaler and see if that solves it).
Margaret dropped me off after we dropped William and I scrambled to make sure I was ready for my all day meeting starting at 10. At 9:50 I was wondering why none of my colleagues were around when I discovered that the meeting is tomorrow. This gave me a chance to meet with Dianne and then to get my internet on my tablet working (thanks Chad). 

No comments: