Friday, September 25, 2015

Plethora of art discussion

Heather Benning at Moose Jaw Art Gallery
Long day of art and talking. Three hour class first thing in the morning (initial discussion of five project story ideas with the grads) followed by Art for Lunch where both Rania and Kallie presented their work around their own thesis'. We held our undergrad orientation later in the afternoon. When that was winding up, I was able to catch the tail end of Leesa Streifler's art talk about her sabbatical and the work created around family, pets, identity, and new influences in Romania. The afternoon ended with drinks with the grad students (thanks for the pizza Philippe). I forgot my camera at home so I have no photos of any of these events, nor of the amazing sunset that I drove towards as I left work and headed to Moose Jaw to join up with Margaret, William, Terry and Xander at the opening of Heather Benning's new exhibition there (thanks for bringing my camera with you Margaret). Luckily Margaret drove home as I could barely hold my eyes open (the quadruple espresso from Starbucks as I left Regina had run out by then).

No comments: