Friday, June 12, 2015

The "story" of the dinosaurs?

As implied many of the posts over the past 6 weeks, I've been working with four grad students on an analog film class. I've contributed the film and have been collaborating on content (assessing them on technique, form, and ingenuity). The theme for the work has been "dinosaurs". However, the material so far has been highly fragmented, consisting of small vignettes, often without closure. Today I worked with William to create a bit of structure, constructing a thin story about a palaeontologist and his momentous discoveries. I have to admit that I began the day very positive and creative but after checking my email a couple of times, I was reminded of other responsibilities and the whole endeavour began to feel compromised by guilt. Regardless, we did have fun and I think I have some funny bits.

No comments: