Monday, June 22, 2015

Erik Sirke visit and new computer for William

Erik is in town for a few days. We had lunch and talked about film contracts in Calgary, about propaganda, and about computers. I'd decided that I'm not in the mood to build a new computer for William and that I would just buy one off the shelf. After lunch I went to OTV and, finding that "off the shelf" there meant either a reconditioned unit (and the only choices being rather low end office machines or Dell machines with their frustrating limitations when it came to hardware updates) or else having them build one which would take a week. We looked over the parts and I picked out stuff that was in the store, took it all home, and got William to help me put it together. If the case wasn't black, I'd probably have got it together quicker. Regardless, even with my weakening eyes, it is up and running by 10pm. Happy end of grade school William.

1 comment:

Berny Hi said...

Comp looks bad ass. Congrats!