Friday, July 4, 2014

French Friday continues

This morning I recorded Eric Hill's voice to complete my soundtrack for "Rockem', Sockem, Canister", my one take super-8 film which will premiere next week in Saskatoon. It amuses me to blur the line between the two Eric/ks, with Sirke playing Canister's on-screen nemesis and Hill playing the same character's voice.
Gerald Saul in Canister helmet performing lines for Erik Sirke film.
While I have suggested that Fridays this summer be changed to "Foreign Friday" where William and I would watch an non-English language film, the past two weeks have continued to be French. Last week we watched "Asterix and Obelix: God Save Britannia" with Gerard Depardieu. Today was William's pick. He passed over a lurid Italian comedy for "Les Enfants Terribles", written by Jean Cocteau. I think William was shocked by the seemingly unmotivated, inexplicable actions of the characters; lying to their friends and causing each other crisis after crisis. It was a fun way to spend a hot early afternoon. 

No comments: