Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The last 35mm picture show in Regina, RPL concludes 35mm projection with Jules et Jim

Tonight, programmed last minute but with a solid attendance, the RPL film theatre ran its last 35mm film. It is going all digital. It is a shame. I'd heard that they would be keeping one projector, but that no longer seems to be the case. That means that the 35mm print I had struck this summer will never be seen by a Regina audience. I enjoyed seeing Jules et Jim again, even though I watched it with William last month and was having an anxiety attack throughout the movie due to being so far behind on my work this week (Monday holidays throw me off, taking away my single completely open prep day, and today I substituted for Sarah on her class, which took most of my day in prep and teaching).

No comments: