Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Paul Crepeau in his studio

I met up with Paul Crepeau at his house today. He likely has to move soon and he wanted me to see the studio he'd set up for animation in his basement. It's pretty sweet. The lights are a bit large for the stage, but everything is wired into a lighting console so he can start and stop with a moments notice. 
I was transferring film to video using a five blade shutter projector and the Canon 5D camera. I was getting a serious roll bar so I affixed a reostat to the projector. It worked to control but not eliminate the roll bar. I needed to take a break when the camera battery died. When I returned, the camera must have returned to some default position or something because the roll bar is no longer there. I had run through every variable I knew so I am at a loss as to how to reproduce these results. 

No comments: