Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sylvia Ziemann show at Mysteria


Classes started today. I don't teach Wednesdays but we had a lengthy faculty meeting. I'm glad they decided (at the 2.5 hour mark) not to include the open discussion forum. It's not that I think such discussions are a bad idea, but when meetings go too long, then I find my creative thinking is discouraged due to my frustration and exhaustion.
This evening Sylvia Ziemann opened her new exhibition at Mysteria gallery on 13th Avenue. Great work. Previous shows I've been to of hers have been primarily her miniature buildings, eerily constructed from toys and junk. This show had only two such buildings but quite a few drawings and paintings. These show a great deal of depth as she explores every more impossible constructions. 

No comments: