Friday, September 28, 2012

Intensive Friday


  In class today, I ran my students through the entire hand processing procedure  The weather was perfect for them to dry the film outside, slight breeze and 27 degrees. A far cry from the snow we had two years ago. I had to run from class to an NMSL meeting where the big news is that the admin job for the lab will finally be re-posted soon (we were all worried that the position would be lost). From that meeting I had to attend the orientation meet-and-greet with our students. Then back to the darkroom to process one last roll and then clean it all up.
 As soon as I got home I left again for the first day of the Connaught school 100th anniversary celebration. Margaret and William were volunteering to help with the bbq. Later in the evening we returned to watch the videos Janine Windolph helped make with the students. William's friend Alice had a magical moment in it when she talks about the school in the future being invisible (this video is the second one down on THIS PAGE, the part with Alice is just past the six minute mark). We unwound when we got home with the premiere episode of "Elementary". Some good parts to it. Not the best Sherlock Holmes of the past five  years, but I think worth a watch. 

No comments: