Monday, August 20, 2012

William's birthday

 William is eleven today. I started him off with pancakes. William's horoscope reads well:
After breakfast, he had his first Skype conversation with Griffin who moved to Edmonton recently.
Allan Dotson arrived at 11 am to run an RPG for William and his friends for a while. This was great, although the group was larger than first anticipated (sorry Allan, you were a real trooper).
After lunch and cake, we walked to Dessarts for ice cream. You get a free cone on your birthday, and your picture taken with the magical crown.
After most of the kids left, I'd hoped to take William and his cousins to the Mercury for supper but I forgot that it's closed Mondays. Luckily, the fish store reopened for us (they'd closed five minutes before) and we bought a great piece of fresh salmon to barbecue. The grandparents all came over with gifts after supper. We drank wine and ate the cheesecake I made this morning, along with my mom's peach pie. 

No comments: