Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tax credit

The only real news today is the provincial government cutting the tax credit. I have thought for a long time that this could come, but to tell you the truth I thought it would have come years ago before it had proved itself to be practical and useful. Back a dozen years ago, it was all too complicated and frustrating but then things actually started to get made and people started to stay here. I feel rather blind-sided. I don't know what to tell students they might do with their lives. It will break me to see them all leaving to other provinces. Virginia at Verite has already announced that they will pull out. All of my contacts on Facebook are going nuts. No one even has to say what is going on, they just say how nauseous they feel, etc.

No comments: