Monday, November 21, 2011

Big computer upgrade begins

Two exciting things today: I took my class to the Filmpool and we toured Chrystene Ells' puppet workshop studio. It was very inspiring. I'll be part of the workshops after Christmas so I'll certainly be talking about it then. I forgot my camera, so no images at this time.
This evening Zaul came over and began assembling my new computer. He put in the motherboard with sata3 and usb 3 along with the new quad processor and 8 gigs of ram. However, I hadn't realized that the new solid state drive which replaces the hard drive was as small as it is and requires a suitable housing to mount in the computer. Therefore we didn't finish the job.
Our plumber is delayed again, putting off the completion of the bathroom until this weekend. My mustache is looking like it will last to the end of Mowvenber after all. 

1 comment:

Berny Hi said...

Here's the bay rafter I got to house an SSD. Room for 2 [future-proofing] and even room for a small 80mm fan if you want. Works well with side or bottom mounting drives / bays.

Scythe Bay Rafter

Congrats on the stache by the way.