Sunday, September 11, 2011

computer pleasure, computer pain

Today, as I'd promised him on Friday, I took William to the university so that we could work on his video. While we did have a few glitches getting the mac to import files from the camera and recognize my pocket drive, we eventually got some momentum. William was a bit impatient at times as it did take over 6 hours to edit his 55 second animation. This was due to needing to paint out his hands which crept their way into about 100 of the frames. In the end, he was very happy. I was pleased to see how quickly he picked up on painting frames or shaping traveling masks. At home, I've had no time to fix my computer. I removed the c drive and put a reformatted one in its place and tried to load the operating system into it. Now it won't boot windows at all and tells me there is some sort of registry error. I don't know what that is. I have picture that I'll add later but the ability of this 7 year old laptop to communicate with the camera at the same time it is connected to the internet seems somewhat limited.

No comments: