Monday, September 19, 2011

animation is life, not movement

Today in class I introduced Adobe After Effects to the animation students. I never light teaching software. I presented it in the UDML, a computer lab we share with Computer Science but which I am never particularly comfortable. A funny thing happened that I was trying to log in and it required me to create a new password but that password was found to be unacceptable by the server. I tried one variation after another. I finally tried logging in through one of the student machines and low and behold, it worked. Just odd. At least I was somewhat prepared today, having created some demo sessions yesterday for everyone to copy to their computers and follow along. It went better than I expected. Here is the piece which combined live video, single frame animation, traveling masks, keying, and multiple computer animated layers which was the culmination of what I presented. It's not much but it contains the basis for almost everything I could expect them to accomplish with this program this semester.
 

No comments: