Friday, June 10, 2011

Running again

Janine came for supper this evening. Afterwards, while William and Margaret had the first marshmallow roast of the year, Janine researched possible problems with my computer. I'm not alone. The solution lay in the residual drivers which are associated with the old motherboard and processor which are no longer there. After we deleted a couple of them which thought that I still have an intel processor (the new one is the AMD Athlon II x3 450), it is working again. Hasn't crashed yet, even when I try. It still requires some word since much of the software also thinks it is in the wrong computer so I'll need to do lots of reinstalls.
Actually, I spoke too soon. At 2 am it crashed again. It really needs a fresh install of the operating system but the discs don't come with the Dell so I'll be out of pocket again.  

No comments: