Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Catch up day

I didn't leave the house today. I caught up on some grading and put some pin hole images up on my class Wiki. I've got one recording booked for Sock-vile tomorrow and potentially a second. Then in the middle of plunking away on my email, I got a message from my old friend and mentor from when I was in film school, Szymon, whom I've not heard from in 25 years. I was totally floored. I'm not really sure what to say about him, sort of feel like I shouldn't say anything as he said so little about himself in this message. To say it was cryptic would be an severe understatement. I am left with little doubt that this was a one time message to say some things he'd pondered for some time, perhaps looking for some sort of closure, and I won't hear from him again. If I do, I'll be totally pleased, but surprised.

No comments: