Saturday, December 4, 2010

One plus One

This evening I went to Neutral Ground and saw a short performance piece by Michele Sereda and Elwood Jimmy called "One Plus One", a response to Jean-Luc Godard. I'm looking at the images on the back of the camera and am amazed at how lurid they seem. It was a very verbal piece really, with Elwood acting as the interviewer asking a long string of questions about politics, morality, ethics, etc, to which Michele would respond to each with the same answer, "Yes". Then she lay down on the desk and was covered with multiple family size bottles of ketchup. Then there was washing and guns and so on. However, with the crowd of people and the closeness of the space, I felt overwhelmed by the smell of the ketchup and didn't see the sight as I see it now in my photos. Curious how this happens. I guess that's cinema for you.

No comments: