Friday, March 26, 2010

watching

Today I got to watch my class, or more precisely I assigned Janine to teach the class as part of her term work so I just had to be a student and listen and learn. Always a nice change, although not necessarily as easy as I think it is. She did well, made them make talking sticks and to think about things differently.
After class, George brought William and his girls to the university. I showed them around and scanned their faces with the 3D scanner.
This evening I went to John Johnstone's new/first feature film "Dungeon Crawl". He asked me to mc the event. The crowd was big, almost a sell out (close to 250 people). Better yet, the film actually turned out! I laughed many times. The timing was good, the characters were good, the drama was good. It was a mockumentary about dungeons and dragons game players. While it did have some of the cheap shots at geekness that I expected, it also had a lot or real motivation and real life. We don't end up pitying or envying the characters for their game playing lifestyles, we just accept them as people doing what they are doing, and being friends.

No comments: