Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Brett session one

Today I started a course with Brett Bell on experimental filmmaking. I've known Brett for over 20 years so this initially seemed a bit obtuse for me to be teaching him anything, but we all have our own little specializations so it seems that I can find a few things to share with him. It's also the first time in a few years that I've actually had a one on one conversation with him that didn't take place in a university hallway or at a film function buffet table. It's interesting to talk about the 80s with someone who knew most of the same people. It is also great to talk to someone about filmmaking who does not need to have iso or fps or linear video explained to them before diving into something deeper. I look forward to more of these sessions.

No comments: