Thursday, January 21, 2010

Avatar

Paul and I went to Avatar in 3D tonight. I don't think there is much to say about it that hasn't been said. It was very entertaining, although a large portion of that entertainment was certainly the 3D. I don't think there is enough story to engage me to watch it again in 2D without good reason, such as perhaps taking William to it. He hasn't seen Pocahontas, so it will still offer some surprises for him.
I have someone auditing my Film 200 class, which is a first. I didn't actually think we allowed that, but if we don't I'm sure it will get caught up somewhere. He didn't know that we started the course two weeks ago so he's missed 2/13th of the term. At least now there is someone older than me in the room.
Margaret has a demo Valentine card as part of Dunlop workshop thing for teenagers in the current promo material for the gallery. It is based on one of my ideas (uncredited of course).
I also finally started posting the student's test animation for my class: take a look.

No comments: