Wednesday, March 18, 2009

tuesday

Yesterday I got Amanda Cachia, the director/curator of the Dunlop Art Gallery to come to my class. I guess what I found most interesting was how distant the world of cinema and galleries is. When she named the big names in intermedia art such as Stan Douglas etc, the students mostly draw blanks. I don't blame them, I'm not all that familiar with most of them myself. They aren't discussed in cinema text books, in film studies, or in most film production courses. I'm not sure if she was dissappointed in the education film students get, or perhaps just disconcerted that people that seem to be so well known are not.
William went swimming, they didn't change pools since last weeks fiasco. He had a great time going off the diving board many times.

No comments: