Sunday, March 15, 2009

swimming

I seem to bring up swimming more often in this blog that it's discussed at home, but I guess it's been on my mind a lot since William's school swim was canceled. I took William swimming this afternoon, we'd not been in about a month. We got to the change room and discovered that we'd forgotten William's goggles (they were on top of his horse at home). He freaked out and wouldn't go in the water. I went to the lifeguards and asked if they could lend us something from their Lost and Found. They literally didn' t know if they had a lost and found. One of them thought that anything on this one table was probably lost and found. I took one set, they were not as good as the ones he forgot (but had not yet admitted forgetting) but was satisfied enough to go in and have a super good time. He went off the diving board over and over again and then started diving in head first off the pool edge like I taught him a month ago. He even made one attempt to dive head first off the board, resulting in a ear splitting belly flop,

No comments: