Friday, February 27, 2009

still winter

My Film 200 class took 16mm Bolex cameras out today to shoot with for the first time. I love this aspect of the course, they become FILMmakers for the first time, although so many things can go wrong and mostly do. The weather is really really cold again and my ability to get William to come with me to Caroline Leaf's talk at the RPL failed as a result. I did catch Caroline's talk at the university today at lunch time where she discussed her paintings. I really like the paintings, quite luminous. This evening was the opening of the projections show at the MacKenzie. We went. As I've been to three talks at the MacKenzie in the past three weeks and Margaret has been to none, I didn't argue when she said she wanted to listen to Carle Steel in conversation with the curator. William and I, since he never sits still for lengthy academic lectures, explored the show itself. Great work. I'm putting together my notes for the workshop on projection I'll be doing there in two weeks. I have two hours and too much material, so I've really got to start focusing.

No comments: