Wednesday, February 25, 2009

snow

It started to blizzard as William needed to go to school this morning. While he could easily walk there, he was late and I was on my way to work so I promised him a ride. Once in the car, which required extensive sweeping off, I already knew that I had to go back home to get a couple of things ready for work. I dropped him off and doubled back and reparked for 15 minutes. The car was covered with snow again so I swept it a second time. I went to the MacKenzie Art Gallery to drop off a contract regarding a workshop I'm to teach in a couple of weeks. I was inside for only a minute, but the car was covered with snow again and I had to clean it off to be able to finally get to work. Filmmaker Ann Verrall, currently a filmmaker in residence in our department, came to my class today to talk about her work with my students. After clearing my car again, I drove her home where she is staying in Carle's building. Managed to stay home tonight, lucky since I couldn't face the snow again.

No comments: